National Indigenous Fashion Awards
Join this year's National Indigenous Fashion Awards!
Launched in 2020, the NIFA provides a vibrant and exciting platform to celebrate the innovation, diversity and ethical practices of Australia’s First Nations peoples in fashion and textiles, whilst contributing to the capacity building of the sector.
Recognising and showcasing excellence across six categories, the award ceremony is a unique opportunity for the Australian and international fashion community to connect to the world’s oldest living cultures.
The prestigious awards recognise excellence across several areas and include the;
- Traditional Adornment Award, supported by Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair Foundation
- Community Collaboration Award, supported by Canberra Centre
- Business Achievement Award, supported by KIN Fashion
- Textile Design Award, supported by RMIT
- Wearable Art Award, supported by the Northern Territory Government
- Fashion Designer Award, supported by Country Road
The winners of the NIFA 2022 will be announced at the intimate ceremony on Wednesday evening, 3 August, at Darwin's Deckchair Cinema.
The event sits alongside the Country to Couture runway (2 Aug) and Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair (5-7 Aug).
The National Indigenous Fashion Awards (NIFA) are proudly presented by the Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair Foundation’s (DAAFF) Indigenous Fashion Projects (IFP), and supported by the Northern Territory Government, with thanks to our media partners NITV and marie claire.